28 December is the 362nd day of the year (363rd in leap years). There are 3 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1694: Mary II, former Queen of England and wife of King William III, dies.
- 1997: Ron Weasley returns to his friends Harry Potter and Hermione Granger using the Deluminator left to him by Albus Dumbledore. He saves Harry's life by pulling him from a frozen pond and destroys the locket Horcrux with Godric Gryffindor's Sword. 
Behind the scenes
- 1934: Maggie Smith, the actress who portrays Professor Minerva McGonagall, is born
- 1978: Min-Hyeok Jang, the voice actor who voiced Neville Longbottom in the Korean dubbing, is born.
Notes and references
- ↑ This is calculated based on Harry and Hermione going to Godric's Hollow on Christmas Eve. When Harry wakes up, he notes that "he could tell that it was almost dawn" (Deathly Hallows, Ch. 18), therefore the morning of 25 December. He kept watch until the sun rose, and Hermione later takes over the watch at midnight (early morning December 26). It is "after two nights of little sleep" (nights of 26 December and 27) that Harry spots the silver doe and follows it.