Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
21 December is the 355th day of the year (356th in leap years). There are 10 days remaining.
- 1991: In the morning, Rubeus Hagrid sets up the Twelve Christmas Trees at the Great Hall for the Christmas feast.
- 1992: End of the term; the Hogwarts Express takes some students back to London.
- 1996: The term ends; Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter return to The Burrow.
Behind the scenes
- 1966: Martin Bayfield, who played a young Rubeus Hagrid, is born.
- 1982: David Massam, who plays a Slytherin beater in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is born.
- The date 21st December has importance in the year 2012 because of the alleged link with the Mayan calendar ending and the alleged Apocalypse. Coincidentally, in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, at the start of the climactic battle in the Ministry, the Death Eaters break two Prophecies, which both relate a prophecy concerning the Solstice ("At the Solstice will come a new... and none will come after") which possibly relates to 21st December 2012, given the time of the Winter Solstice. This could possibly mean a new world would come at that date but none of humanity would see it.