20 April is the 110th day of the year (111th in leap years). There are 255 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1912: Bram Stoker, the muggle author of Dracula, dies.
- 1997: Aragog dies after contracting an illness.
Behind the scenes
- 1924: Leslie Phillips, who provided the voice of the Sorting Hat in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, is born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Bram Stoker on Wikipedia
- ↑ According to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 22 (After the Burial) Aragog "died last night". This was said the day the sixth years had their Apparition test, which according to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 21 (The Unknowable Room) would take place on April 21, placing the day of Aragog's death on April 20