At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
The following events occurred in the year 2018:
- 14 March: Muggle physicist Stephen Hawking dies.
- 1 September: Harry Potter escorts his reluctant son Albus Potter to the Hogwarts Express for the start of his second year.
- 14 December: A Muggle speed camera captures blurry footage of several out-of-control riderless Nimbus 2000 broomsticks speeding on a motorway in Sydney, Australia. The Statute of Secrecy Task Force is deployed to track the rogue brooms before they are noticed by Muggle authorities.
Behind the scenes
- July: Broadcast rights for the Harry Potter film franchise to transfer from FreeForm / ABC to NBCUniversal and associated networks.
- 21 April: Verne Troyer, who played Griphook in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, dies at the age of 49.
- 25 April: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is released.
- 16 November: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, the second instalment of the Fantastic Beasts film series, is scheduled to be released.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Four, Scene Four
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: Wizarding News: "Riderless Nimbus 2000 Out of Control"
- ↑ James, Meg (8 August, 2016). "NBCUniversal strikes deal for 'Harry Potter' films and theme park extras", Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on 9 August, 2016.
- ↑ News: "Experience wizarding school with new mobile game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery" at Pottermore
|21st century : 2010s|
|2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017 - 2018 - 2019|