The following events occurred between 1 January 2010 and 1 September 2017:
- Late '90s–'10s: Neville Longbottom and Hannah Abbott are married.
- Late '90s–'10s: Cho Chang marries a Muggle man.
- Late '90s–'10s: Dolores Umbridge is put into Azkaban for mistreatment of Muggles.
- Late '90s–'10s: Ron Weasley leaves the Auror Office to join his brother George Weasley at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
- Late '90s–'10s: Hermione Granger transfers from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
- '00s or '10s: Luna Lovegood and Rolf Scamander are married, "rather later" than her friends' marriages.
- '00s or '10s: Neville Longbottom leaves the Auror Office to become Professor of Herbology at Hogwarts
- '00s or '10s: Minerva McGonagall retires as Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- 2010: Moldavia defeats China in the final of the 426th Quidditch World Cup. The match lasts three days, and is was widely held to have produced some of the finest Quidditch seen this century.
- 2010: St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries spokeswizard Rutherford Poke makes a public address regarding the recurring occurrence of "Faux Floo" injuries, stressing that the real thing was just two Sickles a scoop, and adding that "If one more wizard comes in here with a burned backside, I swear I won’t treat him."
- c. 2011–2012: Victoire Weasley starts her education at Hogwarts.
- c. 2013–2016: James Sirius Potter starts his education at Hogwarts.
- April, 2014: The opening games of the 427th Quidditch World Cup take place in the Patagonian Desert of Argentina. Brazil, Bulgaria, Chad, Fiji, Germany, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, the United States and Wales all qualify for the World Cup.
- 31 July, 2014: Rita Skeeter's Dumbledore's Army: The Dark Side of the Demob is launched.
- June, 2016: Teddy Lupin finishes his education at Hogwarts.
Behind the scenes
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
- May 2010: Jimmy Gardner, who played Ernie Prang in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, dies by pneumonia.
- June 18, 2010: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter; a new themed land at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida, opens.
- October 19, 2010: J. K. Rowling receives the H.C. Andersen Literature price in Odense, Denmark.
- November 2010: The first part of the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released.
- 15 July 2011: Release of the second part of the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which concludes the Harry Potter film series, a little under a decade after it began.
- 31 October 2011: Was announced as a scheduled date for the general public opening of Pottermore, a Harry Potter companion website that had earlier opened to beta users. It was later announced that the site would be opened to the public at an indefinite date.
- February 2012: The J. K. Rowling Official Site is taken down, save a single page announcement, pending a major redesign. The site was later relaunched in spring of the same year.
- 20 March, 2012: Jamie Waylett is sentenced for two years in jail for taking part of the 2011 London riots.
- 31 March, 2012: The Warner Bros. Studio Tours The Making of Harry Potter is opened Worldwide in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, with members of the cast and crew going to Leavesden for the Grand Opening.
- 14 April, 2012, beta registry ended on Pottermore and it was opened to the public for registration.
- 9 October, 2012: Harry Potter for Kinect is released.
- 13 November, 2012: Wonderbook: Book of Spells is released.
- 15 December, 2012: The Harry Potter Shop at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters opens to the public at King's Cross Station in London, England.
- 28 March, 2013: Richard Griffiths, the actor who portrayed Vernon Dursley, passes away due to complications during a heart surgery.
- 27 August, 2013: 15th anniversary editions of the Harry Potter books, with new cover artwork by Kazu Kibuishi, are released in the United States of America.
- July, 2014: Dave Legeno, the actor who portrayed Fenrir Greyback on the film adaptations, dies of heart-related issues while hiking in Death Valley, California. His remains are found by hikers on 6 July, three to four days after he died.
Notes and references
|2000s - Between 2010 and 2017 - 2017 - After 2017|