Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events occurred in 2009:
- 1 September: Ted Lupin starts his education at Hogwarts.
- The eighty-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
Behind the scenes
- June: Michael Jackson (a.k.a. "The King of Pop") dies. He is among the celebrities that became a fan of the Harry Potter series. He invited Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint on his last concerts tour in London, however the concerts did not tace place because of his death.
- July: The film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is released.
- 16 September: Timothy Bateson, who played Voice of Kreacher in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, died.
- Less than eight years after it began, the Harry Potter film series became the highest-grossing film series ever, surpassing the 45-year-old, 22-film James Bond series.
Notes and references
|21st century : 2000s|
|2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009|