1 April, also known as April Fools' Day, is the 91st day day of the year (92nd in leap years). There are 274 days remaining in the year.
- 1978: Fred and George Weasley are born to Arthur and Molly Weasley.
- 1979: Caractacus Phelps explodes eight-hundred Stink Pellets by dropping them from the roof of the Daily Prophet main offices in Diagon Alley.
- 1996: *1996: Dumbledore's Army learns how to cast Patronuses. Marietta Edgecombe denounces the meeting to Dolores Umbridge. Albus Dumbledore takes the blame for the illicit organisation. Cornelius Fudge tries to arrest him, but he Stuns him, Umbridge, Dawlish, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Percy Weasley and flees.
Notes and references
- ↑ Pottermore - Fred Weasley
- ↑ Pottermore - George Weasley
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 28 (Snape's Worst Memory) Hermione Granger said that “the Easter holidays start on Friday”. Easter in 1996 was on Sunday 7 April. The Easter holidays therefore can only have started on Friday 5 April. The events happen earlier in the same weeks, meaning they happened between April 1st and April 4th