The following events occurred in the year 1994:
- 20 April: The Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures sentences the Hippogriff Buckbeak to death.
- 6 June: Sybill Trelawney told her second prophecy to Harry Potter during his Divination exam. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger discover Peter Pettigrew was responsible for the deaths of James and Lily Potter. Peter Pettigrew escapes, Sirius Black and Buckbeak are freed by Harry and Hermione, with the assistance of Hermione's Time-Turner.
- 7 June: Remus Lupin resigns as professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts after his werewolf status is exposed.
- 22 August: The 422nd Quidditch World Cup final is held in England, between Ireland and Bulgaria. The Irish National Quidditch team defeats the Bulgarian National Quidditch team 170 to 160, though Bulgarian Seeker Viktor Krum captures the Golden Snitch. Afterward, a Death Eater riot breaks out and the Dark Mark is cast into the sky by Barty Crouch Jr.
- 31 October: The Goblet of Fire selects the champions for the Triwizard Tournament, held for the first time in centuries at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Due to the scheming of Barty Crouch Jr, posing as Alastor Moody, Harry Potter is unexpectedly chosen as a fourth champion.
- 24 November: The First Task of the Triwizard Tournament is held.
Individuals who started at HogwartsEdit
Known Individuals who Graduated from HogwartsEdit
|20th century : 1990s|
|1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|