The following events occurred in the year 1994:
- Hermione Granger founds the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare (S.P.E.W.).
- The International Confederation of Wizards' Conference is held in the summer.
- 20 April: The Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures sentences the Hippogriff Buckbeak to death.
- 6 June: Sybill Trelawney told her second prophecy to Harry Potter during his Divination exam. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger discover Peter Pettigrew was responsible for the deaths of James and Lily Potter. Peter Pettigrew escapes, Sirius Black and Buckbeak are freed by Harry and Hermione, with the assistance of Hermione's Time-Turner.
- 7 June: Remus Lupin resigns as professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts after his werewolf status is exposed.
- 18 August: The 422nd Quidditch World Cup final is held in England, between Ireland and Bulgaria. The Irish National Quidditch team defeats the Bulgarian National Quidditch team 170 to 160, though Bulgarian Seeker Viktor Krum captures the Golden Snitch. Afterward, a Death Eater riot breaks out and the Dark Mark is cast into the sky by Barty Crouch Jr.
- 1 September: During the early morning, Amos Diggory calls on Arthur Weasley to help Alastor Moody after a disturbance at his house. Bartemius Crouch Jr (impersonating Moody), who has abducted Moody, claims he has been attacked by burglars.
- 2 September: The Fourth years have Herbology, where they learn about Bubotubers. They also have Care of Magical Creatures, where they meet the Blast-Ended Skrewts, and Divination, where they start Astrology. The Daily Prophet publishes Rita Skeeter's article about Arthur Weasley and Alastor Moody. Barty Crouch Jr, impersonating Alastor Moody, transforms Draco Malfoy into a ferret.
- 4 September: Bartemius Crouch Jr (impersonating Alastor Moody) teaches the Fourth year students about the Unforgivable Curses.
- 31 October: The Goblet of Fire selects the champions for the Triwizard Tournament, held for the first time in centuries at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Due to the scheming of Barty Crouch Jr, posing as Alastor Moody, Harry Potter is unexpectedly chosen as a fourth champion.
- 24 November: The First Task of the Triwizard Tournament is held.
Individuals who started at Hogwarts
Known individuals who graduated from Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 30 November: William Melling, who played Nigel Wolpert, born.
- Violet Columbus, who played Girl with flowers, born.
|20th century : 1990s|
|1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|