This article lists the general events of the 1991–1992 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which have been witnessed by the majority of the students and teachers. It leaves out those events which are only known to Harry Potter and the people close to him.
- Harry Potter, who as an infant survived a Killing Curse cast by Lord Voldemort, entered Hogwarts.
- Harry Potter became the youngest Seeker to play on a Hogwarts' Quidditch team in the last century.
- Slytherin failed to win the House Cup for the first time in seven years.
The staff at Hogwarts during the 1991–1992 school year were as follows:
Cup Winner: Ravenclaw, after winning against Gryffindor (Gryffindor's worst defeat in 100 years) because Harry was in the Hospital Wing.
- Gryffindor-Slytherin: 170 to 60
- Gryffindor-Hufflepuff: Gryffindor won
- Gryffindor-Ravenclaw: Gryffindor lost (worst defeat in 100 years)
- Gryffindor: 482 Points
- Slytherin: 472 Points
- Ravenclaw: 426 Points
- Hufflepuff: 352 Points
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- 1992–1993 school year
- 1993–1994 school year
- 1994–1995 school year
- 1995–1996 school year
- 1996–1997 school year
- 1997–1998 school year