|1990 Quidditch World Cup|
- "You really should be in bed, the whole lot of you you'll be up at the crack of dawn to get to the Cup. Harry, if you leave your school list out, I'll get your things for you tomorrow in Diagon Alley. I'm getting everyone else's. There might not be time after the World Cup, the match went on for five days last time."
- —Molly Weasley.[src]
The final was between Canada and Scotland. Canada won with 270 points, while Scotland had 240. The match went on for five full days. It was "a bitter disappointment" for Scotland, as Scottish Seeker Hector Lamont missed the Golden Snitch by millimetres. In a post-match interview, Lamont famously blamed his father "Stubby" Lamont for not giving him longer fingers.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: "Quidditch World Cup (1990-2014)"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 5 (Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes)