The following events occurred in the year 1990:
- 1 September: Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggen, Cho Chang, and Marietta Edgecombe begin attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Katie and Cormac and are sorted into Gryffindor, while Cho and Marietta are sorted into Ravenclaw.
- Cornelius Fudge becomes Minister for Magic.
- The Twigger 90 first produced by Flyte and Barker.
- The 421st Quidditch World Cup is held. After a five-day-long final, Canada defeats Scotland. In a post-match interview, Scottish Seeker Hector Lamont famously blames his father, "Stubby" Lamont, for not giving him longer fingers.
- Charity Burbage becomes the new Muggle Studies Professor after Quirinus Quirrell quits.
Behind the scenes
- 6 January: Will Howes, who played a Hogwarts student, born.
- 13 February: Tom Moorcroft, who portrayed Regulus Black, is born.
- 19 February: Luke Newberry, who played Teddy Lupin, born.
- 28 February: Georgina Leonidas, who plays Gryffindor student Katie Bell, is born.
- 15 April: Actress Emma Watson, who portrays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, is born.to Jaqueline Luesby and Chris Watson
- 1 July: Rob Gunn,who played an extra in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, born
- 12 July: Ekow Quartey, who played Bem in Prisoner of Azkaban, born.
- 2 September Sarah Harrison, who played a Ravenclaw student, born.
- 6 October: Actress Scarlett Byrne, who portrays Pansy Parkinson in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, is born.
- 30 December: J. K. Rowling's mother dies after roughly a decade of battling multiple sclerosis.
Notes and references
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Pottermore - Quidditch World Cup 1990 - 2014 (Archived)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Black Family Tapestry
- ↑ In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Luna says she was nine when her mother died. J.K. Rowling later confirmed that Luna's birthday was February 13th, meaning Pandora died between Luna's 9th and 10th birthday.
- ↑ Tom Moorcroft on Wikipedia
- ↑ Georgina Leonidas on Wikipedia
- ↑ http://dictionary.sensagent.com/ekow%20quartey/en-en/
- ↑ Sarah Harrison on IMDb
- ↑ Scarlett Byrne
- ↑ Section: Biography (Internet Archive of J. K. Rowling's Official Site)
|20th century : 1990s|
|1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|