Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events occurred in the year 1988:
- Neville Longbottom is accidentally dropped from an upstairs window by his Great-Uncle Algie. When he bounces instead of falling to his death, it proves he is not a Squib.
- Charles Weasley is made a Prefect.
- Bill Weasley is made Head Boy.
- The eighty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- Dudley Dursley is bullied by his schoolmates and he throws a tantrum.
Behind the scenes
- 12 February: Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil, born.
- 23 February: Nathan Barris, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 4 March: Matthew Kaye, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 4 March: Martin Owens-Cairns, who played an extra in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, born.
- 20 June: Shefali Chowdhury who plays Parvati Patil, is born.
- 2 July: Edward Randell, who played Justin Finch-Fletchley, born.
- 20 July: Julianne Hough, who played an Unidentified Gryffindor girl, born.
- 24 August: Shaun Andrews, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 24 August: Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley in the films, is born to Joanna and Nigel Grint.
- 28 October: Devon Murray who plays Seamus Finnegan, is born to Fidelma and Michael Murray.
- 22 November: Jamie Campbell Bower, who played Gellert Grindelwald (teenage), born.
- 1 December: Zoë Kravitz, who will appear in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, is born to Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet.
- 2 December: Alfred Enoch, who plays Dean Thomas, is born to Balbina Gutierrez Russell and Russel Enoch.
- 1988 on Wikipedia
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat) "Great Uncle Algie came round for dinner, and he was hanging me out of an upstairs window by the ankles when my Great Auntie Enid offered him a meringue and he accidentally let go. But I bounced -- all the way down the garden and into the road"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 (The Woes of Mrs Weasley) Molly Weasley states "I don’t believe it! I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!" You become Prefect in your fifth year at Hogwarts, so Charles would have been made Prefect in 1988 judging by HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters) staes "Bill and Charlie have already left -- Bill was head boy" and judging by HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys, Bill would be made it in 1988-1989 school year
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Martin Owens-Cairns
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|