Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1982:
- Scabbers becomes Percy Weasley's pet rat.
- Igor Karkaroff is released from Azkaban
- Ludo Bagman is acquitted of being a Death Eater
- Barty Crouch Jr is secretly rescued from Azkaban
- Elphinstone Urquart proposes to Minerva McGonagall and she accepts.
- The 419th Quidditch World Cup takes place. Brazil makes it to the finals.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Individuals who graduated from Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 6 January: Actor Eddie Redmayne, who will portray Newton Scamander in the upcoming adaptations of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, is born.
- 30 October: Clémence Poésy, who played Fleur Delacour, born.
- 29 November: Gemma Chan, who will play in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film), born.
- Matthew Bancroft, who played a Picture double of the Chief Snatcher in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, born.
- 21 December: David Massam, who played a Slytherin Beater, born.
- Tolga Safer, who played Igor Karkaroff's aide in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - "Scabbers has been in our family for-" "Twelve years! Curiously long life for a common garden rat!?"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 30 (The Pensieve)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 35 (Veritaserum)
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall"
- ↑ Pottermore - USA VERSUS BRAZIL (I) (Archived)
- ↑ HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys works out that Bill was born in November 1970 meaning he started Hogwarts in September 1982
- ↑ Pottermore states he was born in January 1964. He would have started Hogwarts in September 1965 and graduated seven years later in 1982
- ↑ According to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 7 (The Slug Club), Romilda Vane was part of "a group of fourth-year girls" in the 1996-1997 school year. This meant that she could only have stared Hogwarts in the 1993-1994 school year and her date of birth around 1982
- ↑ Pottercast 131 states she was two years younger than her sister. Her sister started Hogwarts in September 1991, making her date of birth around 1979. Therefore, Astoria was born around 1982
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 11 (The Firebolt)
- ↑ Matthew Bancroft's profile at UK.CastingCallPro.com
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|