The following events occurred in the year 1979:
- Newt Scamander is awarded the Order of Merlin, Second Class.
- 1 April: Caractacus Phelps exploded eight hundred Stink Pellets by dropping them en-masse from the roof of the Daily Prophet building in Diagon Alley. The resultant gas cloud caused untold discomfort throughout London and approximately five-hundred cases of 'Stinkitus' were reported. The non-magical authorities explained the stinking cloud away as an unpleasant emission from a nearby factory.
- 1 September: Gwenog Jones starts at Hogwarts and becomes a favourite of Horace Slughorn.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
- Katie Bell (presumed)
- Eddie Carmichael (presumed)
- Cho Chang (presumed)
- Cormac McLaggen (presumed)
- 19 September: Hermione Granger
- 1979 on Wikipedia
Notes and references
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|