The following events occurred in the year 1979:
- 1 April: Caractacus Phelps exploded eight hundred Stink Pellets by dropping them en-masse from the roof of the Daily Prophet building in Diagon Alley. The resultant gas cloud caused untold discomfort throughout London and approximately five-hundred cases of 'Stinkitus' were reported. The non-magical authorities explained the stinking cloud away as an unpleasant emission from a nearby factory.
- Newt Scamander is awarded the Order of Merlin, Second Class.
- Peter Pettigrew begins passing information to Lord Voldemort
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Chapter 1 (About the Author)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 19 (The Servant of Lord Voldemort) - "DON'T LIE!" bellowed Black. "YOU'D BEEN PASSING INFORMATION TO [Lord Voldemort] FOR A YEAR BEFORE LILY AND JAMES DIED! YOU WERE HIS SPY!"
- ↑ Gwenog was born in 1968 according to the Wizard of the Month feature from J. K. Rowling's Official Site. If she was born before September 1968, she would have started Hogwarts on 1 September 1979. However, if she was born after September 1968, she would have started Hogwarts on 1 September 1980.
- ↑ Black Family Tree, as drawn by JK Rowling
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 6 (The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black) - "Sirius jabbed a finger at the very bottom of the tree, at the name 'Regulus Black'. A date of death (some fifteen years previously) followed the date of birth."
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|