Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events occurred in the year 1977:
- James Potter and Lily Evans become Head Boy and Girl
- Sirius Black gets his own place with money he inherited from his uncle Alphard Black.
- James Potter and Sirius Black are chased by two police men, Fisher and Anderson, as well as three Death Eaters on broomsticks, while riding on Sirius's motorbike. They escape, however, by using magic to lift the police car, causing the three Death Eaters to crash into it.
- Vernon and Petunia Dursley purchase and move in to 4 Privet Drive.
- c. 1977: Fleur Delacour to Monsieur Delacour and Apolline Delacour
- September or October: Cedric Diggory to Amos Diggory and his wife
- 24 – 30 October: Angelina Johnson
- c. 1977: Cassius Warrington
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 4 - (The Keeper of the Keys) - "Head boy and girl in their day,"
- ↑ Harry Potter Glossary at the Bloomsbury Harry Potter website: exact quote: Sirius Black's uncle who died when Sirius was seventeen, leaving him 'a decent bit of gold'. Along with the former link, In the F.A.Q. section of J.K. Rowling's Official Site, she stated that Sirius was "around twenty-two" when he was imprisoned in Azkaban. Given that he was imprisoned shortly after 31 October 1981 and attended Hogwarts from 1971 to 1978, Sirius would have been born between 1 September 1959 and 1 November 1959. This means that Alphard, who gave Sirius gold when he was 17, died between 1st September, 1977 and November 1977. Thus, Sirius, at 17, was able to buy his own place to live.
- ↑ Harry Potter Prequel, Sirius and James appear to be in their late teens to the policemen. The story itself is undated with no direct reference to established events, but is said to take place about three years prior to the birth of Harry Potter, thus setting it in 1977.
- ↑ "Divulgado roteiro COMPLETO de Relíquias da Morte: Parte 1 - FULL Deathly Hallows: Part 1 script released″ on Oclumencia.com.br. (translation here)
- ↑ Fleur was able to put her name down for the Triwizard Tournament at the end of October 1994 for which she had to be seventeen. She left school in July 1995 since she acquired work at Gringotts that summer. This means she was born between September 1976 to August 1977.
- ↑ Cedric was in his sixth year at Hogwarts during the 1994-1995 school year. This means that he started his first year there in the 1989-1990 school year. Since he entered the Triwizard Tournament by October 31 1994, Cedric must have been 17 or older by that date. Therefore, he was born in either September or October 1977.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Chapter 16) It is mentioned, on Saturday 31st October (Hallowe'en) 1994 that her 17th birthday was the week before.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Cassius was rumoured to have put his name in the Triwizard Tournament meaning he was at least 17 by October 31 1994. He was still attending Hogwarts the year after, meaning he was in his last year then. Cassius was therefore born between September 1977 and August 1978
- ↑ The Black Family Tree shows that Dorea Potter, nee Black, died at the age of 57 in 1977.
- ↑ His Famous Wizard Card confirms that he dies in 1977
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|