The following events occurred in the year 1977:
- James Potter and Lily Evans become Head Boy and Girl
- Sirius Black gets his own place with money he inherited from his uncle Alphard Black.
- James Potter and Sirius Black are chased by two police men, Fisher and Anderson, as well as three Death Eaters on broomsticks, while riding on Sirius's motorbike. They escape, however, by using magic to lift the police car, causing the three Death Eaters to crash into it.
- Vernon and Petunia Dursley purchase and move in to 4 Privet Drive.
- Fleur Delacour to Monsieur Delacour and Apolline Delacour
- September/October - Cedric Diggory to Amos Diggory and his wife
- Late October - Angelina Johnson
- Cassius Warrington
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 4 - (The Keeper of the Keys) - "Head boy and girl in their day,"
- ↑ Harry Potter Glossary at the Bloomsbury Harry Potter website: exact quote: Sirius Black's uncle who died when Sirius was seventeen, leaving him 'a decent bit of gold'. Along with the former link, In the F.A.Q. section of J.K. Rowling's Official Site, she stated that Sirius was "around twenty-two" when he was imprisoned in Azkaban. Given that he was imprisoned shortly after 31 October 1981 and attended Hogwarts from 1971 to 1978, Sirius would have been born between 1 September 1959 and 1 November 1959. This means that Alphard, who gave Sirius gold when he was 17, died between 1st September, 1977 and November 1977. Thus, Sirius, at 17, was able to buy his own place to live.
- ↑ "Divulgado roteiro COMPLETO de Relíquias da Morte: Parte 1 - FULL Deathly Hallows: Part 1 script released″ on Oclumencia.com.br. (translation here)
- ↑ The Black Family Tree shows that Dorea Potter, nee Black, died at the age of 57 in 1977.
- ↑ His Wizard Card confirms that he dies in 1977.
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|