The following events occurred in the year 1972:
- Muggles Who Notice by Blenheim Stalk is published.
- Remus Lupin's friends James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew discover that he is a werewolf, and resolve to learn to become animagi.
1 September: Individuals that started HogwartsEdit
- The Slytherin Quidditch team was newly captained by Emma Vanity.
- The Chudley Cannons adopt a new motto, "Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best", in the same year that they participated in the International Quidditch Tournament.
- 12 December: Charlie Weasley to Arthur and Molly Weasley.
- Donaghan Tremlett to Mr. and Mrs. Tremlett.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 18- (Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs) - "It took them the best part of three years to figure out how to [become animagi]... Finally, in our fifth year, they managed it."
- ↑ Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 - (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|