The following events occurred in 1965:
- Shortly before 10 March: Nearing his fifth birthday, Remus Lupin acquires lycanthropy after being attacked by werewolf Fenrir Greyback as retaliation for his father Lyall's description of werewolves as "soulless, evil, deserving nothing but death."
- The Ban on Experimental Breeding is enacted.
- The process of metrication (switching to metric measurements) begins in Muggle Great Britain. The wizarding community simply ignored the change.
- In The United States, Rappaport's Law was repealed, allowing wizards to interact with the No-Maj population as well as letting underage North American witches and wizards take their wands home from Ilvermorny during vacations.
Behind the scenes
- Michael Aston, who played Wizard at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, born.
- 23 January: Sarah Bennett, who played a Goblin, born.
- 31 July: J. K. Rowling is born
Notes and references
- ↑ Possibly 16 February as this was the previous full moon (Full Moon Chart) and werewolves have to be fully transformed to transmit lycanthropy. (see Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Werewolves" at Pottermore)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Remus Lupin" at Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Measurements" at Pottermore
- ↑ House of Black
|20th century : 1960s|
|1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1964 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969|