The following events occurred in the 1960s:
The 1960s, like the 1950s before it, was a time of peace in the wizarding world, Gellert Grindelwald having long been defeated by this point; however, because of this peace, no one in the wizarding world was prepared for Lord Voldemort's new war. The Marauders, the Evans sisters and Severus Snape were all born around 1960.
- Magnus "Dent-Head" Macdonald spearheads a campaign to reintroduce Creaothceann. The Ministry of Magic refuses to lift the ban.
- c. 1960s: Rubeus Hagrid gains his job as Gamekeeper at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Between March 1965 & March 1971: Armando Dippet departs the office of Headmaster of Hogwarts and Albus Dumbledore succeeds him.
- 1960 to 1964: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Jody Jacknife for four consecutive school years.
- 1964 to 1968: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Stuart Craggy.
- 1968 to 1970: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Steve Laughalot.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 31 (The Third Task) - Molly Weasley remembers Ogg when he was Gamekeeper before Hagrid. Molly attended Hogwarts from either 1960 or 1961 and left in either 1967 or 1968, meaning Hagrid became Gamekeeper sometime around or shortly after then.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 18 (Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs) Remus Lupin - "“I was a very small boy when I received the bite...But then Dumbledore became Headmaster, and he was sympathetic." Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Remus Lupin" - Lupin was attacked shortly before his fifth birthday (March 1965) and Headmaster Dumbledore comes to visit shortly before his eleventh birthday (March 1971) so Dumbledore succeeded Dippet as headmaster during this time.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Davey attended Hogwarts in the 1970s, meaning he was either born in the late 1950s or sometime in the 1960s.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn) - Slughorn mentions that Cresswell was in the year after Harry's mother Lily at Hogwarts. Chapter 16 of Deathly Hallows establishes that Lily was born in January of 1960, meaning she began her first year in September of 1971; thus Cresswell began in September of 1972, meaning he had to have turned 11 by that time, putting his date of birth sometime before 1 September in 1961.
|20th century : 1960s|
|1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1964 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s