The following events occurred in the 1960s:
The 1960s, like the 1950s before it, was a time of peace in the wizarding world, Gellert Grindelwald having long been defeated by this point; however, because of this peace, no one in the wizarding world was prepared for Lord Voldemort's new war. The Marauders, the Evans sisters and Severus Snape were all born around 1960.
- Magnus "Dent-Head" Macdonald spearheads a campaign to reintroduce Creaothceann. The Ministry of Magic refuses to lift the ban.
- Rubeus Hagrid gains his job as Gamekeeper at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- 1960 to 1964: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Jody Jacknife for four consecutive school years.
- 1964 to 1968: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Stuart Craggy.
- 1968 to 1970: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Steve Laughalot.
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Chapter 4, "Horace Slughorn"). Slughorn mentions that Cresswell was in the year after Harry's mother Lily at Hogwarts. Chapter 16 of Deathly Hallows establishes that Lily was born in January of 1960, meaning she began her first year in September of 1971; thus Cresswell began in September of 1972, meaning he had to have turned 11 by that time, putting his date of birth sometime before 1 September in 1961.
|20th century : 1960s|
|1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1964 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s