The following events occurred in the 1950s:
- 1950 to 1952: Andrew Snowyowl captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1952 to 1956: Jo King captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1956 to 1960: Rufus Winickus captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- c. 1957: Armando Dippet's tenure as Headmaster of Hogwarts ends and Albus Dumbledore becomes the new Headmaster.
- c. 1957: Tom Riddle, now known as Lord Voldemort, travels to Hogwarts Castle to appeal to Albus Dumbledore for the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.
- Between 1951 and 1955: Andromeda Black to Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier.
- Mid-1950s: Bertha Jorkins
- 1956 or 1957: Sturgis Podmore
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 20, Dumbledore indicates that Voldemort visited him to ask for the Defence Against the Dark Arts job ten years after his murder of Hepzibah Smith, which itself occurred one or two years after Voldemort left Hogwarts in 1945. On Pottermore, it was stated that Minerva McGonagall was offered a "a job in the Transfiguration department, under Head of Department, Albus Dumbledore", implying Dumbledore was not yet the Headmaster at the time of her employment. It is known from a statement in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 15, that McGonagall started teaching at Hogwarts in December 1956. It is thus probable that Dumbledore succeeded Dippet as headmaster in 1957.
|20th century : 1950s|
|1950 - 1951 - 1952 - 1953 - 1954 - 1955 - 1956 - 1957 - 1958 - 1959|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s