The following events occurred in the 1950s:
- 1950 to 1952: Andrew Snowyowl captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1952 to 1956: Jo King captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1956 to 1960: Rufus Winickus captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1955 to 1961: Tom Riddle murders Hepzibah Smith, stealing artefacts of Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin.
- Between 1951 and 1955: Andromeda Black to Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier.
- Between 1953 and 1958: Bertha Jorkins
- 1956 or 1957: Sturgis Podmore
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Chapter 20) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Chapter 18) - According to Albus Dumbledore in the HBP, Hepzibah was murdered ten years before his memory where he met with Tom Riddle. Dumbledore became Headteacher sometime between 1965 and 1971 according to Remus Lupin when he says "I was a very small boy when I received the bite...But then Dumbledore became Headmaster, and he was sympathetic." Ten years before then puts Hepzibah's death between 1955 and 1961.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film), on the Black Family Tapestry, Andromeda is shown to be the second child of Cygnus and Druella. Her older sister was born in 1951 and her younger sister in 1955, meaning she had to have been born between these years.
- ↑ Sirius Black said Bertha was a few years above him at school. This means she had to have been at least two years older than him but no more than five because she would have left by the time he started. Sirius was born in 1959 which means Bertha had to have been born between September 1953 and August 1958.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 14 (Percy and Padfoot)
|20th century : 1950s|
|1950 - 1951 - 1952 - 1953 - 1954 - 1955 - 1956 - 1957 - 1958 - 1959|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s