Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events occurred in 1947:
- 1 September: Minerva McGonagall starts attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and proves to be a Hatstall during her Sorting ceremony. She is ultimately sorted into Gryffindor.
- The Werewolf Register is introduced.
- A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot is first published.
- A fanged gerbil was found to have been put into Augusta Longbottom's handbag as a joke by her husband
Behind the scenes
- 27 January: Peter Burroughs, who portrayed a bank goblin, born.
- 31 July: Richard Griffiths who plays who plays Vernon Dursley is born
- According to the mini-adventure The Queen's Handbag, Augusta Longbottom, grandmother of Neville Longbottom, was the victim of a prank by her husband involving her handbag and a fanged gerbil in 1947, leading her to booby-trap her handbags from then on (leading to some pain for Ron Weasley). The Queen's Handbag breaks from canon in several places (not least of which by being set in 2006), so therefore whether anything included in the adventure actually counts as continuity is a matter of debate. This piece of information regarding Longbottom is listed here, however, as the only piece of new Potter Universe backstory offered in the mini-adventure.
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (companion book) - Chapter 1 (About the Author)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (companion book) - Chapter 3 (A Brief History of Muggle Awareness of Fantastic Beasts)
- ↑ Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
|20th century : 1940s|
|1940 - 1941 - 1942 - 1943 - 1944 - 1945 - 1946 - 1947 - 1948 - 1949|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s