Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events occurred in 1943:
- Tom Riddle opens the Chamber of Secrets. Several students are injured, and Moaning Myrtle is killed by the Basilisk. Rubeus Hagrid is framed for the attacks by Riddle and is expelled. With the murder of Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle transforms his diary into his first horcrux.
- Summer, c. 1943: Tom Riddle murders his father, Tom Riddle Snr, and his grandparents, Thomas and Mary Riddle, for the abandoning of his late mother, Merope Gaunt. His uncle, Morfin Gaunt is framed for the attacks by Riddle and is sent to Azkaban. With the murder of the Riddles, Tom Riddle also transforms Marvolo Gaunt's Ring into his second horcrux.
- Summer, c. 1943: Tom Riddle Snr
- Summer, c. 1943: Thomas Riddle
- Summer, c. 1943: Mary Riddle
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 1 (The Riddle House), the opening chapter which takes place on 16 August, 1994 states that the murders took place "fifty years before, at daybreak on a fine summer’s morning", making the year 1944. However later, in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 17 (A Sluggish Memory), it is said they died "in the summer of (Tom Riddle Jr's) sixteenth year...". He was born 31 Dec 1926 and turned 16 in Dec 1942, so the summer of his sixteenth year would be 1943.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
|20th century : 1940s|
|1940 - 1941 - 1942 - 1943 - 1944 - 1945 - 1946 - 1947 - 1948 - 1949|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s