The following events occurred in the 1930s:
- Early 1930s: The Pure-Blood Directory is published by an anonymous author (presumed to be Cantankerus Nott).
- 1931: Puddlemere United plays a match against the Ballycastle Bats. Puddlemere Chaser Joscelind Wadcock scores the highest number of goals of any Chaser in the 20th century during this match.
- 1932: The Ilfracombe Incident occurs. Dirk becomes known as "Dodgy" Dirk due to his remembering the incident, having avoided the Tokes' Memory Charms.
- 1932: The seventy-sixth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1932: The Vratsa Vultures are defeated by the Appleby Arrows in a sixteen-hour match, considered by many Arrow fans to be their finest hour.
- 1933: Arthur Osborn writes Shrubs & Trees for the Garden (published by Ward Lock & Co.)
- 1934:Sparkling spring spell water brand McSpratts is established.
- 1934: Cleansweep Broom Company releases the improved Cleansweep Two broomstick.
- 1935: The first Atlantic broom crossing by Jocunda Sykes.*June, 1936: Celestina Warbeck graduates from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- 1937: Cleansweep Broom Company releases a further improved Cleansweep Three broomstick.
- 1938: Tom Marvolo Riddle starts at Hogwarts and is sorted into Slytherin house.
- 1938: The Comet Trading Company release the Comet 180.
- 1939: Minister for Magic Hector Fawley is ousted from office, and is replaced with Leonard Spencer-Moon.
- 1939: The Muggle world becomes engaged in the Second World War.
- 1939: The seventy-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- Between c. 1930-1935: Eileen Prince
- 15 May, 1931 or 1941: Pomona Sprout
- 1932: Erica Stainwright
- 1935: Bertie Bott
- 4 October, 1935: Minerva McGonagall
- 1936: Hambledon Quince
- 1937: Caractacus Phelps
- 1938: Cygnus Black III to Pollux Black and Irma Crabbe
- 1939: Lucy Evans
Behind the scenes
- 24 January, 1930: Terence Bayler, who played Bloody Baron, born.
- 1 October, 1930: Richard Harris, who plays Dumbledore in the first and second films, is born.
- June 1934: Leila Hoffman, who played Augusta Longbottom, born.
- 28 December 1934: Maggie Smith, who plays Minerva McGonagall in the films is born 
- 5 January, 1935: David Ryall, who played Elphias Doge, born.
- 27 March, 1935: Julian Glover, who voiced Aragog, born.
- 30 August, 1935: Peter Cartwright, who played Elphias Doge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, born.
- 21 July, 1937: Freddie Davies born
- 7 August 1937: Ray Donn, who played a Ministry of Magic Panel Member, born.
- 4 January, 1938: Jim Norton, who played Mr Mason, born.
- 29 December, 1938: Jon Voight, who played Henry Shaw Sr., born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Pure-Blood on Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Magical Beasts in Hiding
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Quidditch Through the Ages (real) - Chapter Nine (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages (real) - Chapter Nine (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic"
- ↑ Mugglenet — Birthday archive: Pomona Sprout (information retrieved from J.K. Rowling's Official Site)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Pottermore biography of Minerva McGonagall (transcription available here)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Black Family tree
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department (see this image)
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001321/bio
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001749/bio
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s