The following events occurred in the 1930s:
- Early 1930s: The Pure-Blood Directory is published by an anonmyous author (presumed to be Cantankerus Nott).
- 1931: Puddlemere United plays a match against the Ballycastle Bats. Puddlemere Chaser Joscelind Wadcock scores the highest number of goals of any Chaser in the 20th century during this match.
- 1932: The Ilfracombe Incident occurs.
- 1932: The Vratsa Vultures are defeated by the Appleby Arrows in a sixteen-hour match, considered by many Arrow fans to be their finest hour.
- 1933: Arthur Osborn writes Shrubs & Trees for the Garden (published by Ward Lock & Co.)
- 1934: McSpratts is established.
- 1935: The first Atlantic broom crossing by Jocunda Sykes.
- 1938: Tom Marvolo Riddle starts at Hogwarts and is sorted into Slytherin house.
- 1938: The Comet Trading Company release the Comet 180.
- 1939: The Muggle world becomes engaged in the Second World War.
- 15 May, 1931 or 1941: Pomona Sprout
- 1932: Erica Stainwright
- 1935: Bertie Bott
- 4 October, 1935: Minerva McGonagall
- 1936: Hambledon Quince
- 1937: Caractacus Phelps
- 1938: Cygnus Black III to Pollux Black and Irma Crabbe
Behind the scenes
- 1 October, 1930 - Richard Harris, who plays Dumbledore in the first and second film, is born.
- 28 December 1934 - Maggie Smith, who plays Minerva McGonagall in the films is born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Pure-Blood on Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Magical Beasts in Hiding
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Mugglenet — Birthday archive: Pomona Sprout (information retrieved from J.K. Rowling's Official Site)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Pottermore biography of Minerva McGonagall (transcription available here)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Black Family tree
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001321/bio
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001749/bio
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s