At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in 1926:
- Unknown date: Brothers Bob, Bill, and Barnaby Ollerton start the Cleansweep Broom Company. They release the Cleansweep One as their first product.
- Unknown date: Albus Dumbledore becomes a regular columnist for Transfiguration Today.
- Circa March: Merope Gaunt becomes pregnant with her and Tom Riddle Snr's son. Merope stops dosing him with Love Potion, and he leaves her sometime thereafter, returning to his family in Little Hangleton.
- September: Newt Scamander encounters a young witch in Sudan who has become an Obscurial as a result of imprisonment by Muggles. She dies despite Newt's attempt to save her from the Obscurus.
- 5 October: Jacob Kowalski submits a loan application to Steen National Bank in the hope of getting money to open a bakery.
- 15 November: Fred Baille & Co. appear at the Corbour Theatre in New York.
- 29 November: The Circus Arcanus, a travelling Muggle freak show, stages the first show of its visit to New York.
- 3 December: The Circus Arcanus holds two shows in a day.
- 6 December-8 December: Magizoologist Newt Scamander visits New York where many magical creatures escape from his suitcase.
- 11 December: A series of twelve performances staged by G. Forbes Productions begin in New York. Magician Jonny Anomaly also appears at the Packer Theatre in the same city.
- 13 December: The Circus Arcanus stages a "spectacular" final show in New York.
- 15 December: Lamb & Neal appear at the Corbour Theatre in New York.
- c. 25 December: Just before Christmas, Merope Gaunt, days away of having her baby and severely destitute, sells Caractacus Burke the priceless locket of Salazar Slytherin, an old family heirloom. Burke gives her ten Galleons, which Merope happily takes.
- 31 December: Merope Gaunt comes staggering up the front steps of Wool's Orphanage in London. The matron, Mrs Cole, takes her in, and she has her baby in the hour. Merope gives instructions for her son to be named Tom Marvolo Riddle (in honour of his father and his maternal grandfather) and dies.
- September: Unidentified Sudanese Obscurial
- 6 December: Henry Shaw Junior
- 7 December: Chastity and Mary Lou Barebone
- 31 December: Merope Gaunt
- Unknown date: Misapinoa Blishwick (née Black)
Behind the scenes
- 3 April: Timothy Bateson, who played Voice of Kreacher in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 10 (The House of Gaunt)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 61
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 65
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 108
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (see this image)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 LEGO Dimensions (see this image)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 MinaLima Store - Circus Arcanus - Museum of Human Oddities Poster (see this image)
- ↑ 6 December 1926 is printed on The New York Ghost newspaper in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- ↑ LEGO Dimensions (see this image)
- ↑ LEGO Dimensions (see this image)
- ↑ We know that Chamber of Secrets takes place in 1992. Fifty years earlier was 1942. In this year, Hagrid was a third year, and Riddle was two above him, meaning he was a fifth year. 15 years before 1942 was 1927. However, Riddle was born on New Year's Eve, making it 1926.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 57
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 94
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 88
- ↑ Black Family Tapestry
|20th century : 1920s|
|1920 - 1921 - 1922 - 1923 - 1924 - 1925 - 1926 - 1927 - 1928 - 1929|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s