The following events occurred in the first decade of the 1900s:
- 1900: Angus Buchanan publishes My Life As A Squib, which instantly becomes a worldwide bestseller, bringing the plight of the Squibs to the wizarding world's attention.
- 1901: The Moontrimmer broom is created by Gladys Boothby.
- 1901: Queen Victoria dies. Minister for Magic Faris Spavin, aged 145, attends her funeral wearing an admiral's hat and spats. In response, the Wizengamot gently suggests he step down as Minister for Magic.
- 1902: A performance of Musidora Barkwith's Wizarding Suite blows off the roof of Ackerley Town Hall.
- 1902: Mr. Spindle's Lick "O" Rish Spiders introduced.
- 1903: Faris Spavin retires from the post of Minister for Magic, and is succeeded by Venusia Crickerly.
- 1904: The seventy-second Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1907: Tolipan Blemish Blitzer is first produced.
- 1908 or 1909: Newton Scamander starts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He is Sorted into Hufflepuff.
- Unknown Date: Roderick Plumpton leads the Tutshill Tornados to five British and Irish League wins.
- Between 1900 and 1907: Morfin Gaunt to Marvolo Gaunt and his wife
- 1900: Perpetua Fancourt
- 1901: Arcturus Black III to Sirius Black II and Hesper Gamp
- 19 August 1901: Porpentina Goldstein to Mrs Goldstein.
- 1903: Roland Kegg
- 1903: Tilly Toke
- 1904: Lycoris Black to Sirius Black II and Hesper Gamp
- 1905: Tom Riddle Snr to Thomas and Mary Riddle
- 1906: Regulus Black I to Sirius Black II and Hesper Gamp
- c. 1907: Merope Gaunt to Marvolo Gaunt and his wife
- c. 1908: Mrs Cole
Notes and references
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Scottish Rugby"
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - About the Author
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Black family tree
- ↑ See this image of Porpentina Goldstein's MACUSA identification card on display as part of a prop exhibition in Japan.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 10 (The House of Gaunt), we learn that Tom Riddle was born a year after Merope Gaunt and Tom Riddle Snr's marriage. As we know Riddle was born in 1926, this would place the marriage in 1925. In the same chapter, we learn that the incident with Bob Ogden and the imprisonment of Marvolo and Morfin was "a few months" before the marriage (so, it was in either 1924 or 1925). As she was eighteen years old at the time of Marvolo and Morfin's imprisonment, she was born in around 1907.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 13 (The Secret Riddle)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (see this image)
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s