The following events occurred in the 18th century:
- Quidditch is introduced to Australia.
- The game Quodpot is created by Abraham Peasegood.
- Several books and documents of "dubious scholarship" are published. Drawing partially from the writing of Salazar Slytherin, these works claimed that there were several signs that would identify a pure-blood child from infancy, such as early onset of magical ability, fear or dislike of pigs and Muggles, and resistance to common childhood illnesses.
- A modern and complex plumbing system is installed at Hogwarts Castle, and bathroom facilities are created. Gaining knowledge that the secrecy of the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is in jeopardy (as the room it was located in was to be turned into a girls' lavatory), Corvinus Gaunt, a student at the time, conceals it behind some new plumbing fixtures and a sink.
- Between 1718 and 1726: Azkaban is turned into a prison by Minister for Magic Damocles Rowle.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Pure-Blood" at Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Chamber of Secrets" at Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Azkaban" at Pottermore - Rowle became Minister in 1718 and was outed from office in 1726.
B.C. era - 1st to 10th century - 11th century - 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
15th century - 16th century - 17th century - 18th century - 19th century - 20th century - 21st century