The following events happened in the 1890s.
- 1892: Albus Dumbledore starts his first year of Hogwarts and is sorted into Gryffindor.
- 1892: The Chudley Cannons win the Cup in the British and Irish League, the last cup they have ever won.
- 1894: The Department of Magical Games and Sports bans the tradition of shooting arrows into the air to celebrate an Appleby Arrows goal after referee Nugent Potts is pierced through the nose by one arrow.
- 1895: Aberforth Dumbledore begins his first year of Hogwarts.
- 1899: Albus Dumbledore sits his N.E.W.T.s and graduates from Hogwarts in a blaze of glory: Head Boy, Winner of the Barnabus Finkley Prize for Exceptional Spell-Casting, British Youth Representative to the Wizengamot, Gold Medal-Winner for Ground-Breaking Contribution to the International Alchemical Conference in Cairo. Later in the summer, Dumbledore befriends Gellert Grindelwald during the latter's stay in Godric's Hollow, but their friendship is short-lived; during a row, a three-way duel broke out between Albus, Grindelwald and Aberforth which ended in the accidental death of Ariana Dumbledore.
- 1899: The Witches' League is founded.
- 1893: Laverne de Montmorency
- 1893: Arcturus Black I
- 1899: Kendra Dumbledore
- 1899: Ariana Dumbledore
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dumbledore was born in 1881. On chapter 18 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore), Rita Skeeter states that Dumbledore was "nearing" his eighteenth birthday when he left Hogwarts in June, but was still 17 when he met Grindelwald, making his month of birth either July or August. This makes his eleventh birthday fall during the summer of 1892, and his start at Hogwarts on the first of September of that year.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ The date of Dumbledore's N.E.W.T.s and final year can be inferred from the year he started at Hogwarts.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 18 (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 28 (The Missing Mirror)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) DVD (Disc 2 - Lockhart's Office)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s