the following events happened in the 1880s:
- 1881: Leadenhall Market is designed by Sir Horace Jones.
- 1883: Quidditch goalposts evolve from large baskets on poles to the current scoring hoops, thus marking the final alteration of the Quidditch pitch. Quidditch fans angrily demonstrate against the change (a representative from the Department of Magical Games and Sports is forced to retreat under a hail of baskets thrown by the demonstrators), and the ensuing riot is later blamed on goblin agitators.
- 1884: A Golden Snitch allegedly escapes into the wild after a six-month long Quidditch match on Bodmin Moor. Cornish wizards to this day believe it still lives wild on the Moor, although Kennilworthy Whisp, on his work Quidditch Through the Ages, admits not having been able to confirm that story.
- 1884: Stooging is outlawed in Quidditch.
- 1880: Thomas Riddle
- Summer, 1881: Albus Dumbledore to Percival and Kendra Dumbledore
- 1881: Hesper Starky
- 1881: Harvey Ridgebit
- c. 1881: Elphias Doge
- 1883: Mary Riddle
- c. 1883: Gellert Grindelwald
- c. 1884: Aberforth Dumbledore to Percival Dumbledore and Kendra Dumbledore
- 1884: Arcturus Black II to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint
- c. 1885: Ariana Dumbledore to Percival and Kendra Dumbledore
- 1886: Belvina Black to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint
- 1888: Fifi LaFolle
- 1888: Norvel Twonk
- 1889: Roderick Plumpton
- 1889: Cygnus Black II to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 6 (Changes in Quidditch Since the Fourteenth Century)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Wizard of the Month
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 18 (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Black family tree
- ↑ On Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 28 (The Missing Mirror), Aberforth Dumbledore says Ariana was fourteen at the time of Kendra's accidental death, which took place in 1899 (the year in which Albus Dumbledore graduated from Hogwarts).
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s