- 1874: Dragon Barrel Brandy is first distilled.
- 1875: Gripping Charms are discovered, revolutionising the design of the Quaffle.
- 1875: The Ministry of Magic passes the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery.
- 1876: Peachtree Fizzing Tea brand established.
- 1876: Hogwarts caretaker Rancorous Carpe devises an elaborate trap to capture and contain Peeves, the resident poltergeist. The trap fails and causes Peeves to come into possession of several dangerous weapons, which leads to an evacuation of the school. After three days, an agreement between Peeves and Headmistress Eupraxia Mole is reached, resulting in Peeves gaining new privileges.
- 1879: Elias Grimstone creates the Oakshaft 79 broomstick.
- 1872: Idris Oakby
- 1874: Sacharissa Tugwood
- 1877: Sirius Black II to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 6 (Changes in Quidditch Since the Fourteenth Century)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 8 (The Hearing)
- ↑ Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- ↑ Pottermore - Book 2, Chapter 8, Moment 1 - New from J.K. Rowling - Peeves
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Black family tree
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s