The following events happened between 1840 and 1849.
- 1841: Hortensia Milliphutt becomes Minister for Magic.
- 1841: The sixty-third Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1847: Blishen's Safety Matches first manufactured.
- 1848: The sixty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1849: Evangeline Orpington becomes Minister for Magic.
- 1849: An amendment to the international rules of Quidditch is passed, stating that if any member of the crowd watching a Quidditch match casts a spell on any player, the team they supported will automatically forfeit the match, regardless of whether that team sanctioned the actions of the fan in question.
- c. 1840: Dinah Stevenson
- 1845: Sirius Black I to Cygnus Black I and Ella Max
- 1847: Phineas Nigellus Black to Cygnus Black I and Ella Max
- 15 January, 1847: Angus Buchanan
Notes and references
- ↑ "Treat: create your very own wizarding legislation" at Pottermore Insider
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: "King's Cross Station"
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 16 May 2014 (1)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (see this image)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Black Family tree
- ↑ Angus Buchanan (rugby) on Wikipedia
- ↑ Chocolate Frog Cards
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s