At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events happened between 1840 and 1849.
- 1841: Hortensia Milliphutt becomes Minister for Magic.
- 1841: The sixty-third Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1847: Blishen's Safety Matches first manufactured.
- 1848: The sixty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- March 1848: Steen National Bank is founded in the United States.
- 1849: Evangeline Orpington becomes Minister for Magic.
- 1849: An amendment to the international rules of Quidditch is passed, stating that if any member of the crowd watching a Quidditch match casts a spell on any player, the team they supported will automatically forfeit the match, regardless of whether that team sanctioned the actions of the fan in question.
- c. 1840: Dinah Stevenson
- 1845: Sirius Black I to Cygnus Black I and Ella Max
- 1847: Phineas Nigellus Black to Cygnus Black I and Ella Max
- 15 January 1847: Angus Buchanan
Notes and references
- ↑ "Treat: create your very own wizarding legislation" at Pottermore Insider
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "King's Cross Station"
- ↑ Pottermore - USA VERSUS JAMAICA (I) (Archived)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (see this image)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Black Family tree
- ↑ Angus Buchanan (rugby) on Wikipedia
- ↑ Chocolate Frog Cards
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s