The following events occurred in the 17th century:
- Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is founded by Isolt Sayre and James Steward.
- Quidditch is introduced to North America (causing anti-wizard sentiment) and New Zealand.
- The Wimbourne Wasps take their name from a nasty incident which occurred during a match against the Appleby Arrows in the mid-seventeenth century, when a Beater flying past a tree on the edge of the pitch noticed a wasps' nest among the branches and batted it towards the Arrows' Seeker, who was so badly stung that he had to retire from the game.
- Eldon Elsrickle terrorises the town of London with the Unlocking Charm, thus introducing it to Great Britain. To combat this series of robberies, Blagdon Blay invents the Anti-Alohomora Charm.
- Non-European teams compete in the Quidditch World Cup for the first time since its founding in 1473.
Notes and references
B.C. era - 1st to 10th century - 11th century - 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
15th century - 16th century - 17th century - 18th century - 19th century - 20th century - 21st century