The following events happened in the 1790s.
- 1790: President Emily Rappaport enacts Rappaport's Law, which created total segregation between the magic and non-magic communities in the United States by banning wizards and witches from marrying or befriending No-Majs, restricting them to interactions "necessary to perform daily activities."
- 1792: A Cockatrice escapes during a Triwizard Tournament and injures three judges.
- 1792: Quintin Black brand established.
- 1792: The fifty-sixth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1793-94: The Terror takes place in France. Among those targeted by the revolutionaries was the wizard Vincent Duc de Trefle-Picques, who managed to escape execution by casting a Concealment Charm on his own neck and pretending to have already been decapitated.
- 1794: The first recorded sighting of an Acromantula, in Borneo.
- 1796: Wand Repair is established.
- 1798: Artemisia Lufkin is elected Minister for Magic.
- 1799: A Ukrainian Ironbelly carries off a Muggle sailing boat with no one on board.
- 1799: The fifty-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
Notes and references
- ↑ "History of Magic in North America: Rappaport's Law" on Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 15 (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang)
- ↑ Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: Beauxbatons "Academy of Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Chocolate Frog Cards
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s