Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following events happened in the 1790s.
- 1790: President Emily Rappaport enacts Rappaport's Law, which created total segregation between the magic and non-magic communities in the United States by banning wizards and witches from marrying or befriending No-Majs, restricting them to interactions "necessary to perform daily activities."
- 1792: A Cockatrice escapes during a Triwizard Tournament and injures three judges.
- 1792: Quintin Black brand established.
- 1792: The fifty-sixth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1793-94: The Terror takes place in France. Among those targeted by the revolutionaries was the wizard Vincent Duc de Trefle-Picques, who managed to escape execution by casting a Concealment Charm on his own neck and pretending to have already been decapitated.
- 1794: The first recorded sighting of an Acromantula, in Borneo.
- 1796: Wand Repair is established.
- 1798: Artemisia Lufkin is elected Minister for Magic.
- 1799: A Ukrainian Ironbelly carries off a Muggle sailing boat with no one on board.
- 1799: The fifty-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
Notes and references
- ↑ "History of Magic in North America: Rappaport's Law" on Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Chapter 15 (Beaubaxtons and Durmstrang)
- ↑ Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: Beauxbatons Academy of Magic
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic"
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Chocolate Frog Cards
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s