The following events happened in the 1700s.
- 1700: A portrait of Google Stump and a portrait of Albert Gibbering Stump, both currently hung at Hogwarts Castle, are painted.
- 1701: The forty-third Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1707: The British Ministry of Magic is founded, replacing the earlier Wizard's Council. Ulick Gamp is elected the first Minister for Magic.
- 1708: The forty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1709: The Warlock's Convention outlaws dragon breeding.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling: Ministers for Magic
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 14: Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback
- ↑ In interviews, J.K. Rowling has stated that "all the portraits you see in the headmaster's study are all headmasters and mistresses who died". Veridian's portrait, as seen in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is dated 1703.
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s