At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events happened in the 1700s.
- 1700: A portrait of Google Stump and a portrait of Albert Gibbering Stump, both currently hung at Hogwarts Castle, are painted.
- 1701: The forty-third Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1702: McTawny Broomsticks established.
- 1707: The British Ministry of Magic is founded, replacing the earlier Wizard's Council. Ulick Gamp is elected the first Minister for Magic.
- 1708: The forty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1709: The Warlock's Convention outlaws dragon breeding.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)>
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ Chocolate Frog Cards
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s