The following events happened in the 1670s.
- 1672: Intensive studies in the Department of Mysteries dating as far back as this year demonstrate that wizards and witches are born, not created.
- 1674: The British and Irish Quidditch League is established.
- 1675: Brutus Malfoy advocated the notion that witches and wizards who associate with Muggles lack magical talent, and have abilities no greater than Squibs. He used his influences on an anti-Muggle periodical Warlock at War, where he was an editor.
Notes and references
- ↑ The Tales of Beedle the Bard - Albus Dumbledore on "Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- ↑ The Tales of Beedle the Bard - Albus Dumbledore on "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
| 17th century|
1600s 1610s 1620s 1630s 1640s 1650s 1660s 1670s 1680s 1690s