14 April is the 104th day of the year (105th in leap years). There are 261 days remaining.
- 1998: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger — amongst others — stay at Shell Cottage and prepare to break into the Lestrange Vault in Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
Behind the scenes
- 1941: Julie Christie, the actress who played Madam Rosmerta in the film version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is born.
- 1949: Christopher Whittingham born
- 1998: Arthur Bowen, the actor who played Albus Severus, is born.
- 2012: Pottermore ends its beta period and makes its long-awaited debut to the public.