The reason the picture on the Bob Ogden keeps being removed is that it portrays not Ogden but Riddle and Morfin. -- 13:57, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
how do you create or use other people's userboxes? P€|\|δ\/!|\|$£@|\|₁⁰₁ 15:28, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Incorrectly identified Death Eaters
Hey Starstuff, sorry to bother you. Could I please draw your attention to my comment on Antonin Dolohov's talk-page. I wasn't really sure what to do for the best, as some of the images are incorrectly named as well, I wasn't sure if they should be deleted and re-uploaded under a correct name or what. I was wondering if you knew the best course of action? Jayden Matthews 18:40, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
I've started a new discussion to solve the problem. The Death Eaters can be identified, people just mixed the faces of the actors up, which lead to the Death Eaters recieving the wrong images. Jayden Matthews 06:51, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
PortraitsHi! Sorry to bother you, but can you read the name of this wizard? I just can't make it out.
Also, I cannot read the surname of this portrait. The first name is "Ambone" but I can't make out the surname.
Thank you for your time. --23:49, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! -- 01:11, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
|Ten-thousand edits on the Harry Potter Wiki makes this user a
- Checking into St. Mungo's now to have my Pottermania treated. :) ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 04:11, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, can you tell me why the slytherin templates is protected? And can you open it for me?
Death Eater identities
Hiya Satarstuff. I just thought I should let you know that I've (hopefully) resloved the Death Eater identity crisis. All articles, images, appearances, sources and categories now accurately reflect the individuals they describe. The only thing left now is that Rabastan Lestrange.jpg and Travers 2.jpg need to be deleted, as they are incorrectly named duplicates. Thank you for your help :) Jayden Matthews 16:45, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, no problem. Jayden Matthews 17:08, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
No problem. I actually first came to this wiki while doing my summer report, comparing me to Ron. XD I will work hard like I do at the TDW! Zach (TDADJ) The awesomeness Thank me later. 01:34, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
How do you like my Fanfic so far. I'm slowly working on it.
Hey Starstuff. I wondered if you could move Template:Semiprotected to a new name as it has the same problem the Expand template had and it is fully-protected. Thank you :-). Grunny (Talk) 08:45, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
do you know the student id code for the wombat test on jk rowlings web site? i cant get onto it. Penguinsfan101 User:Penguinsfan101
Sorry, but where you get a picture of Cygnus Black II? This pimage actually don't exist on the tapestry. --Lord 09:58, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
Under picture of Alexia Walkin is written "Alexia", then her dates, then the first name of her husband, and his surname "Walkin". I think that her full name was "Alexia Walkin nee Black". Look this, please: File:Blackfamilytreeootp1.jpg You can see Alexia Walkin and that under her picture is written many words, not just Alexia Walkin. Please, notice this.
Where you get new beautiful picture of Alexia? On that picture, on the scroll is really written just "Alexia Walkin", but this picture isn't the same as File:Blackfamilytreeootp1.jpg.--Lord 12:08, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Please, forgive me. You are right. But we can see a man with green hat left from Alexia. What you think: is that man a first Black or maybe that isn't the beginng of the tapestry. If that is the begining, he is the first ancestor of House of Black, and I think that Mrs. Bushwick was his daughter (because she is on the same branch). Please, answer me.--Lord 16:35, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
House Points game
- I'll get started cleaning up the list, but I wanted to run these criteria by you first since there doesn't seem to be a set policy on this yet:
- 3 months of inactivity for all users who meet the same standards as Voting Policy (autoconfirmed, 20+ article edits). DarkJedi613 had previously used the 3 month standard when they cleaned out the Active Users Template in May. For these users, a short message could be left on their talk page explaining the reason for their removal and inviting them to reapply for the game.
- 1 month of inactivity for users who do not meet the standards of Voting Policy. The reasoning being that there are several users who have done little or nothing on this Wiki beyond adding their names to the list, and if they haven't done anything in a month, it's unlikely they'll make any more contributions if they didn't do enough to begin with to even reach voting status. I've even seen one user like this who put their name under both Gryffindor AND Hufflepuff.
- Let me know what you think. - Nick O'Demus 14:38, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi Starstuff, How are you? I was wondering if I would be eligible to represent Hufflepuff house as a prefect? As the new term is fast approaching and it currently has no prefects. Thank you for listening. :) Jayden Matthews 13:41, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Thank you. I will work hard, I promise! :) Jayden Matthews 14:49, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey Starstuff I’d enjoy helping Prefect Hufflepuff if the spot is still available. Hufflepuff happens to be my favourite house (Gryffindor too!) Thanks. --Profiteor 16:35, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
OK, Thanks Starstuff, I will be happy to help with anything! --Profiteor 17:27, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
how come ur in slytherin but ur a muggle-born i thought slytherin was a house for pure-blood --184.108.40.206 16:36, 30 August 2009 (UTC) 220.127.116.11 16:36, 30 August 2009 (UTC) --18.104.22.168 16:36, 30 August 2009 (UTC) 22.214.171.124 16:36, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Muggle-born Slytherins exist, but are very rare, as revealed in DH32. Plus, I'm neither Muggle-born nor Slytherin, but simply a fan having a bit of fun, selecting the wizarding attributes I feel suit me best — but don't let Draco or Pansy in on this secret, or I'm sure they'll treat me even worse than they do now. ;) ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 07:15, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
House Game recent developments
Just a heads-up with what's new:
- Jayden Matthews has unfortunatley had a recent death in the family, so he isn't going to be around for the next few weeks. He's not sure yet when he's going to be back, but he's going to try to keep Profiteor posted.
- I finished removing the inactive users from the participants lists, and Hufflepuff and Slytherin are really hurting. There are a further 12 users who, while not inactive yet, will be by the time the game starts if they don't make any edits by then, and 5 of them are in Slytherin. I'm going to contact several of the wiki's more recent active members who haven't joined yet to invite them to sign up for the game. Hopefully, this will boost participation a little.
- Related to the last point, Hellabore is one of the 12 near-inactives (her last edit was in mid-June). I've posted messages to each of the previous round's Prefects to make sure they still wish to participate, and so far Seth Cooper and Cubs Fan2007 have responded positively. I haven't heard yet from Hellabore, Oread, or Jayce Carver.
Nick O'Demus 09:13, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I just got done notifying about 30 people. The good news is 4 of them have already signed up. The bad news is they all joined Ravenclaw.
- : \
- Nick O'Demus 10:43, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Hi, starstuff, I was wondering, how did you do that "This user is a fan of Slytherin House" userbox? Cuz i want one for Gryffindor. Thanks! GinnyRose14 14:57, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
I was thinking of making a "condolences card" of sorts for Jayden Matthews's talk page, and getting the User's he's worked with to sign it. I need some help though, as formatting and the like isn't really my strong point.
At the top would be this picture and the quote from Deathly Hallows: "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Bellow that, something like: "Our hearts go out to you in your time of grief. From everybody here at the Harry Potter Wiki." and a space for Users to sign.
What do you think? - Nick O'Demus 17:44, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, that looks great. I hope you don't mind if I modified it slightly. I'll copy it to Jayden's talk page, and I'll start asking people to sign it. - Nick O'Demus 19:19, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'd like to keep it, if you don't mind. It might be used again sometime. Thanks again for making it. Revising or modifying templates, I can do with just a bit of trial and error, but building one from scratch is a bit much for me. - Nick O'Demus 16:47, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
House Point Glass
I was wondering when you have time could you change the house point glass for Hufflepuff and place Jayden Matthews and myself on the prefect part of it. please and thanks --Profiteor 19:57, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks for reminding me about the hourglass. I'd forgotten about it. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 15:49, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks :) --Profiteor 15:53, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
File: Defence Against The Dark Arts Book
- It's Ok. Now, i understand. I'm just worried that possibly in the future, 90% of my uploads will be gone just because someone uploaded their own version. --ÈnŔîčö DC(Send me an Owl!) 22:40, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
House points game
Hey, Starstuff. I've just got the message about the house points game. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to continue as prefect, sorry. I've just got far to much going on at the moment, this site will have to take a back seat for a while. Also do you know whats happend to Jayden Matthews? Jayce •Avada Kedavra•Crucio•Imperio• 17:30, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, I just heard, it's really sad. I think finding a new prefect is for the best. Although I love being part of this community and (hopefully) will continue to be so - I won't be able to participate to the same degree that I, used to and so I dont want to take the oppertunity to be a prefect away from someone else. Jayce •Avada Kedavra•Crucio•Imperio• 18:14, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
I also wanted to apologize for screwing the whole thing with the Death Eaters up, It was entirely my fault. I confused Richard Trinder with Richard Cubison, which was why Dolohov and Travers were given the wrong pictures, sorry. I'm glad someone did the proper research and fixed it. Jayce •Avada Kedavra•Crucio•Imperio• 19:24, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Black family tree I
But please, tell me this (if you know, of course): is possibly that a man with hat is the first Black? Or maybe tapestry streching left from him? If he is a first Black, we must then create artcile about him: First Black. If he is really the first ancestor, I think that he deserves article, altough we don't know his name. But we know that he had a wife. So, I think that he had children. Please, I really think that your opinion is very important for me, but I also know that maybe I bothering you. --Lord 18:39, September 1, 2009 (UTC) If he is the first, should I make article about him?
I've found a few Forum pages that aren't actually part of the Wizengamot or Help Desk forums. Can they (or at least the content) be relocated, or should they just be removed? - Nick O'Demus 10:35, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Black family tree II
I think that we should replaced this image with better. File:Black Family Tree.png There are some ugly mistakes (for example, with Hesper, Lucretia) and we must put names of Cygnus I and his wife Ella because we now know that they were very likely parents of Ph. N. and others.--Lord 11:51, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Hmmm, are you sure? Because maybe Phoebe really had a husband. --Lord
- File:Black Family Tree.png is based on the charity auction tree. We know all the names on the charity auction version of the tree, and how everyone on it is related to each other, so any mistakes made on File:Black Family Tree.png can be easily corrected. Cygnus I doesn't appear on the charity auction tree, so we don't know how he was related to Phineas Nigellus, and thus anywhere we placed him on File:Black Family Tree.png would be pure speculation on our part.
- Please direct any future questions regarding the Black family tree to the appropriate article or image talk pages. Thank you. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 14:28, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Can I replace one picture with another and how?--Lord 09:32, September 3, 2009 (UTC) Thank you, and something more: we don't know a name of wife of Cornelius Fudge, but we have article about her. So, if have articles of type as "Mrs Blishwick", Mrs Fudge, Charlus Potter's son, why we don't have article First Black? Anyway, if you are opened mind, you will find this truth: Mrs Blishwick was Cygnus I's sister, because she was born only few years before him. Thank you for your beautiful images, and they are full of color, Blacks and beauty. --Lord
Hi I would like to know how to become a part of the raven claw house I just cant figure it out. I already asked one administrator and the ravenclaw prefect but I want as many responses as I can get. --Nevillefan007 20:47, September 3, 2009 (UTC)Thank you Nevillefan007
I didn't know it was Jayden's brother either until he told Profiteor yesterday. I think he'll still be able to stay on as Prefect for now, as he seems to indicate he'll be back in a couple of weeks or so. I can help Profiteor with things for a little while until he returns.
As for Hellabore, I suppose there's not much sense in putting it off any longer. Margiechocoholic has been fairly active in August, and she already has a Prefect badge award. Do you want me to ask her? I haven't heard from Oread either, but since she was active about a week ago, I suppose it can wait a few more days to give her a chance to respond.
Nick O'Demus 01:58, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
One minute Silence
Hey Starstuff! Jayce Carver and I had an idea that because of resent events that we should have a one minute silence or something to show some respect for Jayden Matthews on his upcoming Friday, the day of his brothers funeral. Tell me what you think.--Profiteor 15:02, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
- One way the minute silence could be observed is through the Protect site function. Using it you could restrict editing to admins only for one minute, as long as all admins are aware of when the minute is occurring. It currently isn't enabled on this wiki but you could request it. Grunny (Talk) 14:11, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
Alright the notice sounds like the best idea. I have school on Friday so I wont be home until 3:30pm EST and it will be difficult with the different time zones, Thanks --Profiteor 14:13, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
- No worries :). And I completely agree with your reasoning. Grunny (Talk) 14:39, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
Blanked the following: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Kristin_Elizabeth_Williams_Family_Tree, as it's fanon BS. Perhaps you could delete it entirely. 126.96.36.199 05:10, September 6, 2009 (UTC)
hey thanks for making the owl patronus userbox i need it cause my owl scribbles can deliver letters now anyway thank again
best wishes --Gryffindor'sgiant 18:40, September 6, 2009 (UTC) Send Me An Owl
Re: HPG again
Sure, I'll keep an eye on things until you get back. I'll go ahead and ask Margiechocoholic if she'd be willing to be a Prefect, and the 10th sounds good for whether or not Oread replies. I'm trying to think of other ways to improve the game mechanics, but I haven't come up with anything major yet. We can discuss it further when you get back. Have a nice trip. - Nick O'Demus 19:06, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, still no reply from Oread. Who should I ask first? Matoro183 has the Prefect badge, but You-Know-Who's been a lot more active recently. I'd actually been thinking You-Know-Who deserves to get a badge for his work adding and categorizing pictures. - Nick O'Demus 16:46, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
Have a good one
Have a wonderful trip! --Profiteor 19:14, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Nick and Profiteor for the kind thoughts. I've been having a great time so far. :) ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 16:45, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
Hey, am I right in thinking Nick O'Deamus doesn't have a prefect badge yet? Would you mind if I awarded him one? It's just that he's made so many amazing edits and has organised so much for the house points game even though he isn't a prefect. Thanks, Margiechocoholic Owl me! 11:49, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
HBP DS game characters
This may be a weird question, but have you, or any other Users that you know of, played the Nintendo DS version of Half-Blood Prince? The reason I ask is that Christian Serrano just created 10 articles on characters from the DS game. However, it seems that English isn't their first language, and they need some serious reworking. For example, I have no idea what this one should actually say. Normally, I'd just check one of the guides on GameFAQS, but there are none for the DS version. - Nick O'Demus 16:39, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
Hey Starstuff, since you're an administrator on this wiki, I was just wondering if you could somehow put a clock on this site with the time that it follows (NST I think) please. It's just that I live in Australia and am on GMT +10 and am now a Gryffindor prefect in the HPG so I want to be able to start awarding points etc. at the same time. I don't actually know what time September 15th starts, if you get what I mean. Thanks! --Margiechocoholic Owl me! 01:04, September 13, 2009 (UTC)