Below is an archive of my talk page from May 14th, 2009 to July 17th, 2009. Please do not edit it.
By the way, please be sure to sign your name on Talk and vote pages using four tildes (~~~~) to automatically produce your name and the current date. Be sure to verify your e-mail address in your preferences. Before attempting any major article rewrites please read the layout guide. If you have any questions, check out the policy and help pages (see here for editing help), add a question to the Community portal, view the forum or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!
Due to the inactivity of Me Potter Fan and Freakatone, we are conducting a vote to decide on a new admin. You, Starstuff, and Oread will be in the running. Are you interested?--Matoro183 (Talk) 23:48, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sweet. As soon as the other two respond I'll put up the vote.--Matoro183 (Talk) 00:19, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
Seth how do you put userboxes on your page tell me in your own words
Seth can you copy the userbox codes and paste them on your reply
For the house-points game, we can prehaps have quidditch teams that we compete in the Quidditch Cup. If you think this idea is good please can you post ideas how we are going to compete. We already have a gryffindor team, and I am heading for a Hufflepuff team. cheers! -- Hellabore
At the moment, the idea I have developed for a Quidditch cup has been arranged and started per discussion with Matoro183. I am at the moment developing the draft page at User:Hellabore/Parchment. Could you help me with the draft? Cheers! -- Hellabore(Deathly Hallows)
I agree, but as we are still conducting a vote to decide the new administrators, we will leave it at Matoro183. Could you create your house quidditch pitch, for more ideas go to the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. -- Hellabore(Deathly Hallows)
I've upped your user rights to Administrator, per the election. Make sure not to abuse the extra power that comes with it and to take into account the community as a whole. If you have any questions about what you're now able to do feel free to leave a message on my talk page. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 19:33, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Congrats.--Matoro183 (Talk) 21:31, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey I thought that I may like to start a game called truth or dare, Harry Potter wiki style. The rules are below.
You must answer a question about the Harry Potter series
You will dare someone to do an edit on which page you wish.
Hi, well, you're the only admin I know of, I've been signed up two or three days, and I've started to understand linking, boxes, and all that stuff, but I'm still confused about how things go on this site, for example, house points? i wrote an article, Xenophilius Lovegood's Necklace and haven't gotten points, so could you give an overall summary of how that and just how regular site things work? --Blakice1313 21:56, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Seth, Could you please tell me how to get the userbox that says how many edits you have?--Blakice1313 23:27, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey was wondering how you got a great signature -- 13:31, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, but was blocking him for infanity really needed? It is your choice as an admin but it seems harsh for an ip. For a user yes infanity it is ok in my mind but for an ip it is too harsh. Is it possiable that you could make it a year? Chester Talk 19:45, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Just havin a little fun, sorry.......
If you had a wand, what type of wood would it have? I'd want an oak, mahogany, ash, and maple wand with a steel ring around the shaft. I'd also want a 7x44mm scope and a pistol grip for it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs).
Can anyone define the term "Bezaars" (if I have that spelling right)? Glarge 19:38, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- You mean Bezoar? Just click the word to see if it's the right information you are seeking for --ÈnŔîčö (Send me an Owl!) 00:50, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Project Fred Weasley:Possessions
I'm working on the possessions section of Fred Weasley article for Project Fred Weasley, in User:Quidditch Lover/parchment. Could you help expand it? If you would be able to help out, please answer on User talk:Quidditch Lover/parchment. Thanks! Quidditch Lover (My talk)(contribs) 04:32, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
You are allowed to unblock user "AVADA KEDAVRA" even if another administrator says no. You can tell another administrator why you unblocked it earlier. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Changeghghjf (talk • contribs).
Nice to see you reverted that nasty edit to the Philosphers Stone Page, and fortunately I took care of the rest. I would've contacted you about this problem anyway since I know you are an administrator. -Adv193 00:15, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- I actually blocked him already. That's not a user unknowingly doing unhelpful things, its straight up vandalism. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 00:55, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. So what do you think of what I've been doing by cleaning all the redirects up? -- T.J. (talk) 15:16, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Seth. I am a member of the Sims Wiki, and a lover of the Harry Potter series. I would absoulty love to join this wiki. Do need to known anything? Thanks!!!--Bella Goth 00:10, 12 June 2009 (UTC)Bella Goth
Somwbody vandalized the Basilik page. I am not sure how to undo the edit, as it different on the Sims wikia. --Bella Goth 23:59, 13 June 2009 (UTC)Bella Goth
New Editing System
How to Win at Google
Selected Picture Nominations
There are a few comments on the Selected Picture Nomination page. I don't know if I should strike them, or try to track them down. Could you please do something about them? Thanks. Quidditch Lover (My talk)(contribs) 20:11, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Could you help out a fellow Ravenclaw? ↓↓↓ First, do you know any wand makers?
Second, how do you make a signature?
Don't you think that Septimus Weasley was red-haried? All Weasleys are.--Lord Valensus 15:11, 28 June 2009 (UTC)Okay.--Lord Valensus 16:06, 28 June 2009 (UTC) This is maybe a stupid question for you: is "c" in "Cygnus" prounonce as "c" in "cat" or as "c" in "mice"?--Lord Valensus 12:54, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Do you know etymology of the name Cedrella?--Lord Valensus 14:11, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Well it's gonna sound weird but I noticed on the Hogwarts Houses page that there was this template showing the names of the houses, their heads & ghosts. Do you know how I can edit that to get rid of the redirects? I noticed some when I edited the Houses page. Thanks again. -- T.J. (talk) 00:19, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Spells in Half-Blood Prince (video game) article
Prove to me that Carpe Retractum and Aqua Eructo spells were false informations to put in the article, as i noted in the reference info. It was confirmed by Warner Bros., & EA Games. --ÈnŔîčö (Send me an Owl!) 03:49, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Seth, my friend has told me there is another harry potter book, its called "james potter and the halls of elder crossing" it follows harry's son and his life at school. Although it isn't written by J.K Rowling I think its worth a look —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gryffindor Seeker (talk • contribs).
Hello Seth my name is Sila I just joined Wikia and I was wondering how I can get those info boxes like you, could you tell me? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Crystal Magix (talk • contribs).
Rollback on Lucius Malfoy article
Could you do a rollback on Lucius Malfoy? The last dozen or so edits by 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 (same user), while not actually vandalism, are at best unnecessary and at worst sloppy. Nick O'Demus 12:41, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
I noticed you've been doing a lot of work on revisions and redirecting on articles for each year. Do you need any help on that? Nick O'Demus 01:19, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- A couple of questions:
- First, what do you want to do with the years pre-1000? It doesn't seem necessary to have 100 individual decade articles if 97 of them are uneventful. Do you still want to create the articles, and redirect them to the century pages? What about the individual years for that millenium?
- Second, for events known to have happened in a certain century, but the exact dates are unclear, should those just be listed in the article for that century?
- Let me know if what I've done so far is correct, and I'll work on it some more later on tonight.
- Nick O'Demus 00:31, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
- What should the titles be for the articles pre-1000? For 0-1000, I was thinking either "First millenium C.E." or "First millenium A.D.", depending on whether the Common Era or Anno Domini dating system should be used. Also, either "B.C.E. - Before the Common Era" or just "B.C." for pre-0. Nick O'Demus 05:30, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
whats up ma nigga.
Are you some kind of wise guy, i will show you what i do to wise guys.--Airbellum 23:38, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
i punch wise guys like u in da face, punk.--Airbellum 23:43, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
if you are a wise guy i will punch you in the face if you aint i wont ounch you in the face, its tha simple,punk.--Airbellum 23:48, 16 July 2009 (UTC)